Saturday, September 22, 2012

robes of glory

Wrights Lake 9-20-12

"When summer gathers up her robes of glory, and, like a dream, glides away." 
~ Sarah Helen Whitman


With my early birthday present in hand, I ventured to a favorite place: Wrights Lake in the Desolation Wilderness area near South Lake Tahoe.

So far, loving my new Nikon camera although it looks like I need to tone down the 'vivid' setting a bit.

How do you feel about the end of summer and beginning of fall?

~ Saturday Snapshot ~

12 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Gorgeous shot! Love the colors...so ethereal.

Thanks for sharing. Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Ginx Craft said...

Wow, that is a fabulous photo.

Brona said...

I love the quote you've added to your photo - very apt.
Sunsets should be vivid I feel :-)

Suzanne and Malcolm said...

Anticipation! Holidays! This time of year is about celebrating friends, family and an abundant life. Your photo is amazing.

Trish said...

That is a stunning photo!

Alyce said...

That is gorgeous! If that's the vivid setting I love it! :) I still have so much to learn about my Nikon.

Christine Harding said...

That is absolutely stunning. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/W9O2Z

gautami tripathy said...

Enjoyed looking at the photograph!

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Beautiful sunset. I'm not crazy about summer ending as I'm not a cold weather person. On the plus side, autumn colors and the changing light makes it a wonderful time for photos. I just wish autumn were followed by spring!

Lee said...

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Alyce - what type of Nikon do you have? Maybe we can share tips.

Suzanne - "...celebrating friends, family and an abundant life." Lovely.

Leslie - I like the way you think.

Susan Lindquist said...

Wow ... just wow.

Louise said...

Gorgeous!